Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should my business choose Newtek Payroll over ADP™ or PayChex™?
- Do I have a dedicated professional working on my account?
- Is my payroll information confidential and secure?
- Do I automatically get tax filing services with my payroll?
- Do I pay extra so my employees can get their pay stubs online?
- Do you offer General Ledger (G/L) export?
- Do you offer online PDF reports?
- Does your payroll service accept credit card payments for fees billed for payroll processing/PEPM fees?
- I need two signatures printed on my paper checks. What will I be billed?
- Are the employees’ names and addresses visible on the self-sealed checks?
- When is payroll and time information due for processing if payroll checks are being printed in my office?
- When do payroll direct deposit funds come out of my business bank account?
- How do you price your services?
- Do you offer Pay-As-You-Go workers’ compensation?
- Do you support 401(k) and medical deductions for my employees?
- One of my employees has a child-support garnishment. Can you help me with that?
- Do you offer time clocks or time and attendance?
- Do you offer email tax reminders, as do PayCycle and Intuit?
- Can I sign up for tax-filing services only?
- Can I provide more than one bank account? For example, what if I want to have fees taken from one account and taxes taken from another?
- What is the cutoff time for my business to submit its time-sheet data?
- Will Newtek produce W-2s for my business even if I haven’t used the service during the year?
- What do I need to log in to Newtek so I can enter payroll data, print checks, or access reports?
Why should my business choose Newtek Payroll over ADP™ or PayChex™?
We guarantee cost savings of 20% compared to ADP™ or PayChex™.
Do I have a dedicated professional working on my account?
Yes, every account has a dedicated professional that is available 24/7/365.
Is my payroll information confidential and secure?
Yes, all information is stored in our military strength proof data facility.
Do I automatically get tax filing services with my payroll?
Yes. “Relax Tax” filing is included with our Payroll Pro™ Plus processing services.
No. Employee self-service is a FREE part of our Payroll Pro™ Plus Service. It’s a real help to any employee.
Yes. We offer standard QuickBooks export, but we can support other formats as well via CSV and Microsoft Excel.
Yes. We offer a standard report package available in PDF. We also offer ad hoc reports that can be saved or exported in Microsoft Excel.
Our payroll service will automatically debit your business bank account for all per employee per month (PEPM) fees incurred. The funds will be taken out on the date of the payroll.
You will be billed your monthly base charge plus delivery for the “Signed, Sealed, and Delivered” check option. Nothing additional will be charged.
Whether you print your checks remotely, use direct deposit, or receive paper checks, your time-sheet data needs to be submitted by 3 p.m. local time three business days before processing payroll. For a Friday payday, for example, the time-sheet data is due on Tuesday by 3 p.m. local time.
Payroll funds come out of your business bank account two days prior to the check date and go directly into employees’ personal accounts on payday.
We price our services monthly based on the number of employees you have listed in our system.
Yes. Pay-As-You-Go workers’ compensation is a great way to save money each month. Call us to start saving today.
Absolutely. We can support any of your benefit deductions and help you create payments for your various benefit providers.
Absolutely. We can support any garnishment deductions and help you create payments for the appropriate agencies or entities.
We support time-clock data imported via our pay grid. If you already have time clocks, we can support your existing system. If you are looking for a solution, we have a preferred partner we can send you information about.
We do far more than that. We actually provide you with complete tax management services that we call “Relax Tax.” We file all forms at the federal, state, and local levels. We also keep your filings from being late or incorrect.
No. That is not a service we currently offer.
Yes. You can have separate accounts for taxes, fees, and payroll.
Time-sheet data needs to be submitted by 3 p.m. local time three business days before processing payroll. For example, for a Friday payday, the time-sheet data is due on Tuesday by 3 p.m. local time.
You must have Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0 or Firefox 3.0.13 or higher installed. For reports, you’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. For security, 128-bit encryption is recommended.