Newtek Business Services, Inc. CEO and Chairman Barry Sloane Appears as a Featured Guest on Bloomberg Radio’s “The Hays Advantage”
NEW YORK, April 14, 2010 — Newtek Business Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWT), The Small Business Authority, has announced that its CEO and Chairman, Barry Sloane was featured, LIVE in-studio on Bloomberg Radio’s The Hays Advantage hosted by respected economist Kathleen Hays on Monday, April 11 at 2:30pm to discuss the outlook for the small business sector and the impact Obama’s 2012 budget plan will have on small businesses.
Commented Sloane, “I don’t think business owners are wildly optimistic. I still think they’re somewhat concerned about government deficits, tax rates, and Obamacare and healthcare costs … they’re aware of the concern of the government debt, and I think they equate it to that the government will come back and effectively confiscate their wealth by higher taxes.”
Newtek Business Services provides SBA backed loans plus a suite of other essential products and services geared to the small business community and has over 100,000 small to medium sized business customers across the U.S.
*To listen to the interview from Bloomberg Radio, please click the link below:
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the NewtekTM brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today’s marketplace. Newtek currently provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the NewtekTM brand as a one-stop-shop provider of its business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Newtek’s business service lines include:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Web Hosting: Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce: a suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
For more information, please visit www.newtekbusinessservices.com.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek’s beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be “forward-looking statements” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions which could cause Newtek’s actual results to differ from management’s current expectations are contained in Newtek’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through http://www.sec.gov.
# # #