Web Services FAQs
- What web services are provided by Newtek?
- What is web hosting?
- Why do I need web hosting?
- Do all web hosting plans have contracts?
- Do you have unlimited hosting plans, as do many of your competitors?
- Newtek’s web hosting service doesn’t seem to be the cheapest out there.
- Do you have a discount for nonprofit organizations?
- Does Newtek have a data center?
- How does Newtek’s Web Hosting service reduce my business’ expenses?
- How does Newtek’s Web Hosting minimize my risk?
- What is meant by shared Web Hosting?
- How much do your Web Design services cost?
- Will I be able to update my website after it is created?
- Why should I choose Newtek’s Web Design service?
- I lost my web developer/designer. Can you help me?
- I’m new to the web. Can you assist me?
- How long will it take to develop my website?
- Do you have examples of the work you have performed that you can show me?
- Will I continue to be supported after my website is completed?
- Does Newtek have website marketing services?
- What is SERP?
- What is SEO?
- What is SEM?
- How long does it take for SEO to begin producing results on a search engine’s results page, such as the one for Google?
- What is the budget necessary to conduct an effective SEO campaign?
- What is the expected return on investment (ROI) from a successful SEO campaign with Newtek?
- How long will it take for my SEO campaign to go live from the day I sign up with Newtek’s SEO service?
- Web Hosting
- Website Design
- Search Engine Optimization
Web hosts provide the servers that store your website and email files as well as the computer network that gives those servers, and the information they contain, access to the internet. Larger web hosts will house their servers and computer networks in a data center.
If quality, reliability, support, and security of the servers that host your website, email, and associated data is important to you, then using a professional web hosting service is something you should seriously consider. It will reduce your expenses and minimize your risk. Poor performance or excessive downtime will have a direct impact on your business.
No. In fact, none of our plans have contracts. Newtek prides itself on quality and integrity. Our customers don’t have to be locked into contracts to choose to stay with our exceptional web hosting services.
No, we don’t have unlimited hosting plans. We always advise reading the terms of service for those “unlimited” hosting plans offered by other companies. In the terms of service, there will be a section that explains what exactly is meant by “unlimited.” Typically, it means that customers have unlimited use unless they exceed the average usage of the server’s resources among all the customers sharing that server?
The next question a customer should ask is what happens when the site passes the average usage. Many of these hosts will just shut a site down, costing a business revenue and customers. With Newtek’s Web Hosting, we are upfront and honest about the resources that are allocated, and you can have peace of mind in that your site will never be shut down simply because of too much “unlimited usage.”
There are definitely low-cost hosting solutions available throughout the internet. If reliability and support are important to you, then you should consider us. We have a state-of-the-art data center and servers, backed by renowned 24/7/365 U.S.-based customer service and support from a highly experienced staff. As for the expected and unexpected hiccups that occur with all technology, we never say, “It’s not our problem.” We always ask, “How do we fix it?” We don’t have support time limits, so we will handle your concerns personally and professionally until the issue is resolved. There is a reason why 70 percent of our new web hosting customers come to us from our current customers’ referrals.
Yes. We give a 50 percent discount to qualifying nonprofit organizations and businesses. Here are the qualifications:
- Must have a government-issued document to show nonprofit status, such as IRS 501(c)3
- Available for shared plans of $7.95 or more per month
- Can be the only domain on the account
Yes. Newtek has a state-of-the-art Tier-4 data center. Our data center is located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a nearly natural-disaster-free geographical area with 24/7/365 physical security protection. The data center uses top-of-the-line UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems for protection against power spikes and outages. Equipped with advanced climate control systems, our data center provides the perfect climate for optimal network and server performance.
We provide and manage the servers and computer network onsite:
- No need for you to purchase or finance these systems
- No need for you to employ or increase an IT staff
- No need for you to maintain and/or replace the computer networking or server components
- Low-risk, state-of-the-art Tier-4 data center located in Scottsdale, Arizona, a geographically desirable area
- Three full 24/7/365 teams providing superior customer support
Shared web hosting is when multiple customers share the resources of a server that hosts their web services, like websites and email.
We can accommodate a wide range of budgets. We have many different development options for you, from a free, do-it-yourself web builder to fully designed websites built by our professionals. Speak to one of our professionals to take advantage of your investment.
Yes; you will receive a content management system (CMS). We will also provide training on your CMS so you will be able to update your website anytime.
We take your web design project very seriously and understand that each website is unique in its specific purpose. Because of your unique needs, you will be assigned a designated project manager and a professional design team. Our project manager and his or her design team will guide you through the entire design process, during which you approve each step. To see examples of our work, speak to one of our professionals and let him know that you would like to see our Before and After website designs. Our quality will impress you.
Absolutely! We can make minor updates to your existing site and provide future maintenance. If you’re interested in more independence, we can explain which content management system (CMS) would be your best fit and provide training.
Yes; we are a one-stop shop for all your website needs, whether you’re a newcomer or a more advanced website user. Our services can provide you a domain name, web hosting account, web design and development, merchant processing, and other business services to help your business succeed.
Website design differs from project to project and the level of complexity. On average, the time frame for website design is three to four weeks. That’s an average, of course, so simpler designs are completed more quickly.
Absolutely. Call or email one of our web design professionals, and she will email you examples of our completed web designs, as well as some Before and After web design results.
After your new website is live on the internet, you will continue to have access to our excellent customer service and support agents, who are available to assist you 24/7/365, as well as the project manager and web design team that created the website.
Yes. We offer professional Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns to help you with your internet presence and rankings on search engines and their Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
SERP is an acronym for Search Engine Results Page. This page shows a list of web pages that appear after a search engine keyword search. The web pages are returned in order of rank in internet relevance and popularity.
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a marketing technique to improve a business’ search ranking on a SERP, whether on Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
SEM is an acronym for Search Engine Marketing. SEM is Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising on a SERP, whether on Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
Due to search engines’ algorithms, SEO doesn’t return immediate results. Results will occur in gradual improvements over time. Businesses that choose SEO marketing campaigns should anticipate at least a six-month endeavor for significant results. However, the length of the campaign and results will vary depending on many factors, including type of industry and number of competitors.
The amount you will need to invest into your SEO campaign will depend on the size of your market. We estimate a minimum of $300 per month for a local market and $600 per month for a regional market are reasonable costs to generate significant SEO results. For a national market, the price will be more than the regional market and will need to be analyzed by a professional service to determine the investment needed to produce significant results.
Our SEO marketing campaigns consistently have a 300 percent or more return on investment through an increase in sales.
Your SEO campaign will go live 2-3 business days after you sign up.